Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Thy Neighbour Going Back To India

 Today, our front door neighbors are going back to India after staying in US for 3+ years. It was a nostalgic moment for me as I recollect the memories of them over past 3 years. Somewhere I felt that they were lucky to get the opportunity (through force) to go back to their country. They will be able to spend time with their parents,their siblings.Their son will have a big family to enjoy.


For long time,  we have also been talking about going back. Been here for 5 years in US. But just like others, we are stuck here with the charm of the place, the clean environment, time for self, ability to explore any interest and specially education for kids. I enjoy the long drives (like 14 hrs to Florida), the beautiful state parks, the camping, the adventure sports (ski,ice skating), several cuisines (Thai, Mediterranean, Ethiopian, Chinese, Mexican, French, Italian, Cuban..). I enjoy the beautiful roads, so well marked, so well maintained, so clean.I enjoy the cheep gas (@ 2$/gallon). I enjoy the grand rental cars. i enjoy the vast variety of good quality food and fruits, so many varieties of apples, oranges, avacados, plums, pears, big lemons, greens ,baby carrots. Every product (food, clothing, house products) has so many choices, so many luring deals, seamless product returns, clear instructions for everything, police is tough but polite, less crowded in most of the places.

I like my beautiful backyard, which was so full of green grass when i came and now is completely grass-less, thanks to all the kids of my neighbourhood and my kids and myself, playing soccer, cricket, gaga game, cycling etc. From my ground floor balcony, its a seamless backyard, full of trees, squirels, birds, racoon. I fed them tortila chips, Aashi fed them cashew nuts, Ansh fed them anything which i would keep in balcony for them.  We have spent so many years playing soccer. I taught all these kids (Sree, Aneesh, Ansh, Aashna, Sid, Rakshit, Siddharth, Rylee, Myrah, Vidhita,Sakita, Aashita, Suveer, Suhas). I became their friends, just like any other friend, they would come to my house asking (nah demanding) for me to come and play soccer with them. I would choose a weeker team (aashi, vidhita, Rakshit, Suhas) and leave others to the other set of kids.  But due to my leg cramps,its has become very painful to play. So I content now with long walks with my wife. But in process of playing soccer with kids, i get to know them well, their strength and their emotional,physical weekness. I am called the 'Coach sir', by all my neighbours.


Some day i will write more about life in US, but for now i will end this blog by stating that, with all that i have here, i still miss my country, my parents, the festivals, the causal way of living, the closeness with siblings.


Soon i will go home.Just waiting, how soon....


Good Night

Anil The Dad with 2 Kids (not a yogi anymore :) 




Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home