Thursday, July 06, 2006

Chaos in my life

Off late, lot of chaos has entered my life. Reading my horoscope, views of my palmistry friend, debating with friends over the issues of life and thinking about my life.

While debating with my friends, I was surprised to discover that one of them wants to go in for , self -realization, which means , in all likelihood, he may not marry at all. I have been god fearing and believe in the power of God, but self-realization is completely different, its about knowing yourself so well that your body, mind and your intellect cannot bother you any more. It sounds so distant and philosophical, but there is my friend who is actually aiming to pursue it, which means he will give up most of the pleasures of life, to achieve this. And thinking deep about this made me realize that conviction towards something is most important to lead a satisfied life. I was so afraid of small challenges and small goals and here is a person who is much younger than me and he is aiming to devote rest of his life in order to pursue a goal, which he believed in. It has really made me a different person; my thinking has taken a good change.

Then there is another friend of mine, who is not keen to get married, because he thinks he himself doesn’t have answer to so many question of life that he is not in a position to give proper and un-biased guidance to his children. Though it sounds very stupid and trivial, but what it brings out is a very legitimate question and that is, do we want our children to be our mirror image or do we want them to be something of their own, because if we want them to have their own identity, then we have to understand life, beyond what we have lived, else we will teach them what we were taught, and we would not able to given them an open view of life. It made me think how biased and in-flexible I am on so many beliefs which I would impose upon other if I do not observe them in the light of logic and reality.

While talking about personality and character of an individual, it came out that most of us , have been very shy and reserved kind of people throughout our childhood. We never went to the stage , never participated in any competition, never did any extra -curricular activities and were mostly focused on studies. And this continued until we entered college and that was the time, when most of us came out of our cocoon, when we faced the harsh world, when we were ragged, when we debated, when we fought for our views. But in my case, that was all there, but if I look back at my college days and my personality then, I feel, I was far away from the kind of personality I possessed now. I have gained enormously from working in a corporate, meeting people from different society and culture, seeing the most posh and sophisticated environment and still feeling at ease. This was the time, when I realized the minuteness of life, when I realized what weight age to give to the mundane flashy surroundings and what is the key of a good life, and I found , what Any Rand has stated very strongly in her book, "The Fountainhead", not be slaves to other's opinions but to have a proper understanding of your own self. You should not be told you are good; to know that you are good, you should know where you stand and you should not get swayed by other's opinion. You should always introspect, but be truthful to your inner self. If tomorrow someone says I am a great software engineer, I should know what the reality is and should not feel as a great software engineer, because someone saw such greatness in me. And another thing which connects with this philosophy is modesty. When you know yourself well enough, then you do not get over-excited or deride other because of the knowledge you have. You are modest, because you do not have to show-off to anyone. You are at peace with your inner self and that is what you reflect to other, when you interact with them.

So, in short, last few days, have been a strong agitated ones, which have left many questions open to myself which I need to seek answers in order to get more clarity in my life.

PS: Thank you Alka, for awakening me to write another post.

27 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! Anil, I propmted you to write a post. But that was for a very selfish reason. :-) I like reading your posts. :-) This one is good too. But its very intense and thought provoking. In fact I have seen parents screwing up thier children's lives. because they too don't have a clear brain. Its sad state of affairs. But what to do when some become parents purely due to biological capabilities.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you lead such a 'chaotic life' (!) Bejeesus!

I noted you say "moved a respected yet costly private school".

Why do you have to write its 'costly'? You sound like a self congratulating asshole.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

alka :

what a selfish reason. Totally flattered :)


hompsapien : call it mis-interpretation of words and their meaning.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anil The Yogi

Why are you only reading Autobiography and practicing it? Your confusion will dissapate with Kriya.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

anonymous :

I need to know how to do kriya yoga and am looking for a source to understand kriya yoga.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anil,

I practice Kriya. I learnt the technique from Paramahamsa Prajnananadaji. He is a world traveling guru of the same lineage as Yogananda.

You can find more information and other teachers of the lineage on www.kriya.org. Your friend wanting self-realisation may also be interested.

Swamiji is currently in Chicago. You can go to one of the talks to find out more. Even just being in his divine presence is enough for some.

God bless

11:02 PM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

dear anonymous :

can I have some conversation with you in this regard. You seem to be an enlightened soul and it would be a great opportunity for me to get some wisdom from you. Let me know how I can contact you , by chat or email.

Thanks
Anil

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Misinterpretation? When one talks about how 'great' their 'achievements' are in their profile.

Self praise is so lowly. Seriously, you sound like a typical desi who thinks they've done well in material gains. Rather sad lacking substance.

12:26 AM  
Blogger che sara sara said...

nice read....
nice blog

6:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Anil,

Your words are kind but I am not at all enlightened or wise. I doubt I can be of much assistance to you but in case I can, I have sent you an email.

With kindest regards,

Anonymous

8:00 AM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

Misinterpretation? When one talks about how 'great' their 'achievements' are in their profile.

Self praise is so lowly. Seriously, you sound like a typical desi who thinks they've done well in material gains. Rather sad lacking substance.



hi anonymous , what I have written in my profile is from a third point of view. What is perceived by the world and which gives them a picture , a template to put me into, when they see my profile. What I am , I dont need to write to others, atleast not to the general public, coz I can be understood only when someone interacts with me and when someone knows me, I dont think they would need to go back to my profile and check what I wrote.

I would love to hear from you, your views, but the discussions might go beyond the scope of this blog, so if possible, do mail me in person.

And thanks for taking time out to view my profile.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, what you have written in your profile is from YOUR OWN point of view, not a third person. So, it is what YOU think of YOURSELF. How can it be from a third point of view unless someone told you what to write.

Its ok Yogi - i dont need to communicate with someone who thinks that their 'great', writes about material acquisitions and is self congratulating.

3:38 PM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

homosapien :

if you are intruged by the word "costly", then let me explain you why it came into picure in the first place. If you have noticed , I had attended a convent school, till 10th grade, and convent schools are know to be very respected and have quality, coz they are run by nuns devoted to the welfare of people. So, when I moved out of it, and went to another school, I was comparing the new school with this old convent school and since the new school was also good in terms of their quality , so the distinguishing factor with the pervious convent school, was "cost" and that caused me to write it to differentiate between the two schools.

To me, it never occured that calling something "costly" can be self congatulating, infact I can be called a fool, if I buy something costly which could have been obtained cheeper, but here, cost was used to distinguish between the two schools and that is why the "costly" word came into my profile.

4:37 PM  
Blogger starry said...

Thought provoking post. True you should be tru to your inner self.I think when it comes to raising children you dont want them to be like you, they have to develop their own personalities, they are going to need your guidence and wisdom that u have gained from experience.

9:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a ~25 yrs old Guy ,hailing from a previously well flourished commercial town , Faridabad, which lies close to the capital, New Delhi. I have studied in a convent school till my 10th Grade and then moved a respected yet costly private school. I did my engineering from a private engineering college in Gurgoan(India). And currently i am working as a Software Engineer in one the best IT company in India.

NOTE WORDS: previously well flourished town; respected yet costly school; private engineering college; currently working in one of the best IT companies.

See above? Its not one word of 'costly', your entire profile is over the top. Self congratulating indeed. Many people do well educationally and work wise yet remain humble about their achievements. I guess its the desi mentality of having to show off on ones ahievements.

Btw, it wouldnt be 'respected YET costly', it would merely be 'respected AND costly'. No need for the YET.

1:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hompsapien

Get over it!

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am not 'on' something to 'get over' it - i find this guys got his head so far up his own cakehole he cant see how much of a show off he is. Trying to sound all philosophical on his blogg just kills it.

8:14 AM  
Blogger வித்யாசாகரன் (Vidyasakaran) said...

Good post. Good to see that the discussions are really thought provoking.

And I don't understand the reason behind the other debate going on here.

I feel that there is no end to the possibilities, in everything. And, I am not going to consider every possibility and analyse it to find out if I can accept it, approve it or not. There is a good possibility that I might be wrong. :-) Even if I can be right, I feel that's not my job. But I agree that one has the rights to choose (consciously or otherwise) any other possible action.

Am I just playing safe? Possibly!

Am I just hiding it from public, though I do it inside, so that I can be good to all? Possibly!

But, why should this worry another? He has his life!

7:11 PM  
Blogger வித்யாசாகரன் (Vidyasakaran) said...

Sad to see that the actual context has been ignored.
Anyway, I feel, the lesser talked about self realiztion, the better.
Words distort, everything.
See, my words have pronounced a seeming judgment already! I hate this.
You are on your way. And, your way is the only right way possible for you. Don't worry much about what I say.
Well, that's how my way is. :)

7:18 PM  
Blogger Vaikunth said...

This reminds me of a tamil poem which goes like a conversation between man and god

"what is life"
"live and see"
"What is death"
"die and see"
... so on then the man asks
"If experience is all in life then why do you exist"
God replies "I am experience"

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

... so on then the man asks
"If experience is all in life then why do you exist"
God replies "I am experience"

So if i experience murdering someone, that is God? Or if i experience Sex, that is God?

Care to elaborate?

1:13 PM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

sophie : it really was intense feeling.

starry nights : absolutely true. being tru to yourself is the most important thing, you can do in life.

Vidya : my friend, you are so much diplomatically correct :). I need some time to get ur reply in my head :D.

Vaik : God has been given so many names, expericne can be one of those.

trace man : i hope you get your reply :)

3:59 PM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

Couple of point homosapien :

1) when someone writes a profile, his intention is to given an image of himself to the other person. It is almost same as writing your resume, just the purpose is different here.

2) Every word written here is to give an explicit picture of myself, my city , my education and my firm. And that will inturn provide an image of mine in the eyes of people who would go through my profile. Maybe I could have used more simpler words, but then , the choice is mine, isnt.

3) I do not find any boasting here. They are all facts and writing down ones credential, is not wrong in any manner.

4) respected YET costly , probably it should have been respected BUT costly, idiomatically correct.

5)I do not wish to remark on you personally, but your language seems to indicate that you are angry at the world. Be at peace, an aggitated mind is not good for mind and body :)

6:25 PM  
Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

stop thinking. it helps

9:54 PM  
Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

yeah ... stop thinking

9:56 PM  
Blogger Movie Mazaa said...

anil..i guess u r confronted with staggering questions that any individual comes across at some point in his life. i for one, move ahead with hopes of the knots disentangling by themselves, as life goes on. :)

its my first time here, and ur post did set me thinking.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha, god, one shan't continue but one finds it irritating when the author of this blog cannot see how self congratulating their profile is indeed. God Bless you. May you conquer more 'prestigious' and materialistic aims in your life and no doubt those who visit this tripe shall read all about it.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home