Sunday, February 12, 2006

Will you be my valentine !!

Since time immemorial I have been thinking of saying this to someone (of opposite sex) and give a valentine card to my valentine, but seems like Archie’s and Hallmark were out of luck.

So here is coming another V-Day, and it will go just as comfortably as any other without many frills, with having to take the guilt of contributing to the cutting of beautiful red roses from their stem.

Love, as the poets and poetess, describes has nothing do to with red roses or floral printed silvery written poetic message. It has to do with eyes and the heart. It has to do with looking it her eyes and feel the warmth. Love is about walking hand in hand along the sea shore and pouring their heart out. Love is about watching sunrise and sunset. Love is about sipping a cup of tea with your partner in the balcony. Love is about watching each other in eyes. Love is about cooking an exotic dinner together with leisure. In short, love is about being with your partner without compulsion and feel in harmony with nature, and then everything will look lovely.

One good which valentine day does is that many guys and girls propose or throw good hints on this day. Some do it as a prank, some do it coz they didn’t have the courage to say otherwise and use this occasion as a disguise. And by next valentine a decent number of such cases materialize and many go down the drain, also.

I would not go into the depth of the monetary connotations of this day for many companies who rake in millions from the sale.

But there was some disturbing trend which can be seen everywhere these days in the ads:

"Buy her this diamond heart"
"Give her that beautiful dress"
"Make her happy with this gold necklace"

Nowhere, did I see "Make HIM happy with.........."

And we all know who the lucky charms are for these marketing companies. Sale of diamonds, long flowing dresses, necklaces, beauty products, teddy bears...., a big list, but when it come to men , the list doesn’t seem to go anywhere.

Does this reflect a reality in which women only receive, and men are no longer their Valentines deserving of a gift?

Ok enough criticism, let’s be romantic now and try to enjoy this day to the full.

I know my valentine is also there, somewhere and I wish her all the happiness and joys of life. I am not sad that she is not with me tonight, because she is in my heart and that’s not away from me.

A couplet for you my Valentine:


Tanhai mein waqt barbad kiya karte hain,
Hum har din har pal tumhe yaad kiya karte hai,
Mein nahi janta ki gharwale batate hai tumhe,
Hum neend mein bhi tumhe yaad kiya karte hai.


(In loneliness, I spend my time,
Every day every moment, I keep remembering you,
I don’t know if my family told you ever,
In my sleep also I just keep remembering you)

PS : This is my 50th blog, a long journey from the day I was little wary of the blog phenomenon to the day when it has become a part of my daily diet.

-ATG

11 Comments:

Blogger Shikha said...

There sure are many buy her a stone,buy her that,this ads right now..i am sure its putting a lot of pressure on some guys:)
And congrats on ur 50th post..may the posts keep coming:)

4:08 AM  
Blogger Tarni said...

Hey GREAT one... and a remembrable one!!
"Love, as the poets and poetess, describes has nothing do to with red roses or floral printed silvery written poetic message. It has to do with eyes and the heart. It has to do with looking it her eyes and feel the warmth..."Right!!

"Love is about sipping a cup of tea with your partner in the balcony. Love is about watching each other in eyes. Love is about cooking an exotic dinner together with leisure. Well said!!

"Buy her this diamond heart"
"Give her that beautiful dress"
"Make her happy with this gold necklace"

Nowhere, did I see "Make HIM happy with.........."
Hahaha do you like being gifted and then the smae money being extracted out of your pocket???
Just Kidding!!

Great Write!
And Ofcourse how can I forget to congratulate you on your 50th Post....
Way to Go sir......


Regards
Tarni

2:11 PM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

vow...that was a beautiful couplet...I wish you meet your valentine soon :)

Happy Valentines Day!

PS: congrats on your 50th post :P

3:21 PM  
Blogger Thanu said...

Congrats on ur 50th post...

I felt so loved when I read these lines

Love is about sipping a cup of tea with your partner in the balcony. Love is about watching each other in eyes. Love is about cooking an exotic dinner together with leisure.

We do all these ... all the time..

10:15 PM  
Blogger Vamsee said...

Hey Anil, wish you many more good posts and a great Valentine's Day!:)

12:10 AM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

@shikha : thx dear, happy v-day !!

@pinki : ouch !!, you are not the first one :) .So in short you like me :)). Have a great day to you to , sweet heart.

@tarni : ab main kya kahoon aapko. Jitnaa bollon utna kam hai.

@WF : ya , that was a lovely couplet, its by ghalib.Thnx for your wishes. God, are you listening too, aray meri nahin toh kam say kam WF ki toh sun lo :)

@thanu : I can tell you , you are among the lucky few % who enjoy your life with your love this way. Have a lovely V-Day and enjoy it.

@vamsee : Happy V-Day to you and your hubby. Thx for your wishes.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Vaikunth said...

Happy V-day dude.
May your wish come true the next year itself.

50 posts is too good man. I know how tough it is to post 50 quality posts :)

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

one day your dreams will come true my friend :)
Amazing post!
L
JJ

3:55 AM  
Blogger Praveen R. said...

hey congrats dude, on ur 50th post..yeah ur rite..now im starting to think..there's hardly any marketing for the guys...

poor guys...you've all been turned into ATM machines..:-((

12:41 AM  
Blogger Emotions said...

Amazing post :)))

all d bst !!
cheers

1:29 AM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

@neetika : Thx for those motivating words.

@vaik : Thx sir for ur wishes. Well it wasnt that tough for I had so much to write about:)

@Anonymous : Need you (I mean ur wishes) to make my dreams come true :)

@praveen : Thx. See, we have even stopped thinking differently, we think what the media tries to show us. Have you read "1984", it might become a reality soon....

@emotions : Oye Thx yaar, "u make me feel so emotional...."
It was a song.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home