Monday, January 09, 2006

An Anecdote Of Self Made Genius !!

Have you ever come across a fellow who is a self made genius, who has heard of anything spoken in the world, whose some of the relative or friend is always in any place in the world or in any incidence spoken on?

Well, I have had met such people throughput my life, be it in School, neighborhood, college or the professional world. Now why I remembered this guy, was for a very amusing incidence which has happened with him. Once a few of my colleagues were discussing about the Kanishka air dissaster and then this self made genius dropped in and as usual in order to steal the show. Below is the conversation they had in this context:

SMG : Self Made Genius

SMG: “My uncle was flying in this fateful Kanishka flight".
Friends : “So sorry to hear that , loosing someone is really a very painful task".

But then he threw the googly again,

SMG: 'No, my uncle survived. "

Now quoting the link of Kanishka air dissaster saying "There were no survivors; all 329 people aboard had perished.”
So now my friends were really amused listening to this guy.


Friends “But there was no survivor left, it was in the reports."
SMG: (But our fellow was as adamant as always)"My uncle jumped from the aero plane and survived. "
Friends: "Even if someone jump from 31000 feet into an ocean , he will instantly die of the impact when hit with water".
SMG: "He was wearing a life jacket."
Friends: "Did your uncle knew of the attack that he was wearing a life jacket ?".
SMG: "I don’t know about that."
Friends: "You really have a good sense of humor, we must say."
SMG: “No I am seriously saying (with his eyebrows held high)."
Friends: Ok, guys lets go to work (all laughing aloud!!)."


I really could not get as to how come people go to such stupid level in order to get the attention of the people around them. They do not realize that while they are feeling proud of making fool of everyone, it is actually they themselves who are being making fool of themselves.

I just hope, they realize this sooner or later. Till then, I would thank them for providing us amusing anecdotes to remember and talk about.

10 Comments:

Blogger Shikha said...

Can people be soo self made:))

11:10 PM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

@shikha : You bet they are. Am seeing them right from my early days.

I rem when I was around 4-5 years old, one of my friend said that his father used to go to moon every sunday for outing. and we all believed him.

11:37 PM  
Blogger My ID not me said...

At times it is great fun talking to them. And they are a good subject of hearty laughter.
In Hostel we used to look for such people after dinner or after a drinks session they are inevitable.
Imagine the 10 hr flights of yours and you find one such person in a group of 3-4 friends. i bet its going to be a flight you would always want to take

2:24 AM  
Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:04 AM  
Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

Hi

Thanx for stopping by my place ...
had actually logged on to ur blog as soon as i saw ur comment , but my sys crashed ... and hence ,,,. i was lost ...

9:05 AM  
Blogger ~*. D E E P A .* ~ said...

when i meet these kinda ppl , i literally run ... coz i am never sure how long i'll keep my temper under control ... JK .... but yes , as far as possible , i try to keep my distance from them ... have seen quite a lot of them in my life.

and i guess , i have exaggerated quite a lot of times too ;))))

9:06 AM  
Blogger silverine said...

He is just an attention seeker ! Sad, but some people are like.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

@my id : Yup are right ,I like such ppl to give me company when I am drunk or literally bored.

@Deepa : every person does his share of exaggeration , but if it comes naturally out of you , then it is a problem.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Anil.kumar03@gmail.com said...

@silverline : very true, attention seeker, but do they have any conscience ? I mean while bluffing , one should bluff within limits, isnt !!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Vaikunth said...

There are a lot of various kinds of people. Everyone was made to be different.
Me and you are different in a certain way. We all make up this world.
Afterall even a masala movie has various ingredients, so is life.

3:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home