Monday, December 19, 2005

One Night At Call Center !!

No, this is not about the fancy book written by the "now famous" Chetan Bhagat. Its the crude reality which has come to surface due to the horrible incident which has taken place in Bangalore, my city.

The rape and murder of Prathiba Murthy was a shocking experience to everyone and I was also shocked.I dont know why I was so shocked, I mean the rapes and murders happen everywhere across the country but I feel, I never expected any such thing to happen to an IT/ITES employee , probably becuase company take utmost care for their employees and this being happned when the deceased was in the cab back home.

I have always considered this city a safe haven , probably becuase there are people who earn well and respect the others(including cab drivers) with good dignity. So, I always felt that there is a mutual understanding between the IT company employees and the allied service employee working in the city. But this incidence has brought to light that all is not so hunky-dory in this city as well.

I feel the IT companies have become so much complicent with their order in place that they could have never thought that such mis-management could ever happen.This will definately be an eye-opener for the whole IT/ITES industry.

What hurts me the most is , why should anyone be so cruel to kill the other person. Did he think that he can escape the eyes of the Police ?? The most disgusting thing is that the culprit has a wife who is nine months pregnant. Did it never occured to him that commiting such a henious crime can bring his whole family to a sad demise.
I think that basic problem is that people in lower class do not feel anything, no guilt no shame and no law, they are in real sense animals.

I just hope that soon these people also start feeling that they are respected and they are paid decent enough that they do not demean their life to such an extend of commiting a henious crime without thinking for a while. Only then will India shine properly, otherwise it will always have a scar on it body.

PS: I wanted to write so much,am so angry at the incidence , but am just too angry to write anything. Lots of emotions are, I guess, better felt through heart rather than in writing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home