Friday, December 09, 2005

Run For Life !!

Run for Life, for if you keep sitting on your ass the whole day and night, it wont be long before you resign to the bed , soon.

GYM, the word in childhood, I always used to think , is for only those ppl who want to make BIG muscles. Thats why, I never joined it, as I was never interested in making BIG muscles.It was later, much later that I reailised that there is more to GYM than making muscles. I didnt feel joining the GYM, for I was such a slim and trim gum , with a fabulous stamina , for I was playing Soccer everyday for 4 hours.

But later ,when I was made to study for IIT, which I never wanted, my body started to change. Everyday, with lots of Heavy books, I was going down , went so down every coming day , that I did not notice , that after 2 years, I have chanaged from a Sukdi(thin) guy to Motaa(Fat) fellow. But my bad luck did not end there. Leave apart the fact that I did not make anywhere in the IIT, nor in the Roorkee Univ, nor in DCE. My parents fell hopeless. My relatives, got the much needed topic to gossip and make my life misterable.

Anyways , I made into some decent college. There also, my physique went from bad to worse. i was a day scholer, so the whole day went in college and late nights at home watching TV. For some reasons, I stopped taking my lunch box from class 7th. so, I used to eat in the College canteen, which was just like any other college canteen , who's standard and quality need no mention. Everyday having Aloo-bonda and tea , really took the toll of my health. Anyways , this continued for 4 long years. Then after college , I started looking for job. Now, to my good and bad luck , it was the year 2002, when the whole world was still under the IT bust , so no companies , was offering any job. But good thing was that i used to travel long distances, in Gurgoan, noida and Delhi , looking for as paltry job as for 5k INR and even there , the crowd was very huge. But due to this long travels, my physique became a little better. Then with God's grace , I got into Infosys . It had such a nice Gym, Swimming pool , Jacuzzi, Steam and Sauna Bath. I thought, I would have a great time building my body. But my fate has kept something else for us. That was the day 13th Jan2003 and it is today 9th Dec 2005, almost 3 years and I have gone to GYM only 20 times. Thats a different case , that I was not in India for around a year. I went to GYM today after a very long time and felt so great, what a feeling you hahve when you see your body in motion, you sweating out, feeling the improvement of yourself, feeling light and feeling fresh. Wish , I could go everyday and feel the same. Today was a big day for me , for I have come to GYM after around 1.5 years. Hope , it does not die out soon.

Its already 2am , lemme take a quick nap, before I start fighting with another day in the making.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Cool...you seem to get the message from the Gods of

Obesity that you are no longer welcome in their kingdom...Kudos to you Anil..Keep it up..

i have tried in vain to get up in the morning and go and walk or do some yoga that my folks do regularly, but I fail -regularly. I have given up and instead I have decided that I can rather cut back on my food habits than run or exercise. This I know is the easy way out, but then who said I am an active girl.

Yawn....

4:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's nice to know that you finally got the GYM thing after so many years and especially not joining it for your muscles.

GYM was totally a western concept and is now extensively adopted here. Everyone of us feel that one can make a macho build like Arnold or Silverster if he pump along with those heavy metals. But the Indian GYM's is different.We don't find any expert fitness instructor here and that’s the reason that many of the adventurers have sprained their muscles (some of them permanently) by lifting those heavy metals without an expert guidance.

I feel that it would be far better to exercise and sweat out instead of getting sprained accidently by pumping the muscles.

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home