Saturday, December 24, 2005

Merry Christmas !!

“Dashing through the snow
On a one-horse open sleigh
Over the fields we go
Laughing all the way;
Bells on bob-tail ring
making spirits bright
What fun it is to ride and sing
A sleighing song tonight
Jingle bells
jingle bells
jingle all the way!
O what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh “


Whenever I remember of the Christmas, I remember of this song and for some reasons I really loved this song, maybe because of the word snow or something mystic in the whole Santa Claus thing.

I studied in a Convent School, so I had seen a very good preparations for Christmas and all the puddings and cakes and Jesus in the cradle, beautiful lightening and some skits, songs and the whole gala affair of it all. Though it was a Christian school, I am happy, they never preached Christianity or any sort of forced practice upon us to learn or follow Christianity. So, I must say I enjoyed the whole Jesus Christ celebrations and delicious food with much thought about the reason or impact of Jesus Christ on the world and people. But now I look back and feel sad, I feel that most of the big Churches use (abuse, actually) Christianity to make people fool and earn big donations. They had done lots of mass conversion in India and in many other countries.

Anyways, no use criticizing any religion. I always wanted to go to church on 24th Midnight (some hours from now) and feel the energy of the people int he church, and how they celebrate this great occasion and be a party to their joy. But, I didn’t had any Christian friend and when I made a Christian friend, Mili, I would always promise her that I will come to church but would somehow or the other miss it. Today, again I wanted to go, but in Bangalore there are not many churches where the mass is read in English, as most of the audience in the church is the local crowd and so the local language is used.

I know it’s bad on my part to not keep a promise, not to Mili, but even to myself. But I promise myself that one time, very soon, I will celebrate the Birth of Jesus in Church.

Till then, I praise "The Father, Son and the Holy God", sitting at home.


A merry Christmas to you all and may Santa Claus fulfill all your wishes by tomorrow morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home