Wednesday, December 21, 2005

!!!!!!! Adieu 2005 , Hello 2006 !!!!!

Here again, at the cross-roads of meeting a brand new year and bidding good-bye to the year going by. Another year of on this earth is going to end. Another cycle will begin.I tend to feel pretty nostalgi when trying to go down the memory lane. No matter whether the things in the past are good or bad , but you always remember it with a strong emotion attached to it and that is simply because you have lived everyday of the past, through every sorrow and pain and joy and so you value those days as much as you value today.

Now looking back at the year 2005, for one, it went like a ferrari on a US highway, I could'nt believe that this year has come to an end. My trip to Lake Tahoe is still as fresh in my mind and the droplets of fog today morning. Frankly, nothing big happened this year. I was in the US for firt half of the year. Lots of young guys joined us in the US(through project) and so we had a good time together, going to Half-Moon Bay and Santa Cruz beach. Oh that fabulosu trip to LA was something I will never forget for 3 reasons apart from the fun I had there. First, I drove a brand new 2005 Toyota Camry and that too for almost the whole of my trip from SF to LA. Second, the mad driving in LA, getting honks, labyrinth highways and all the mess on road. Third, met my buddy, Debo, there is LA after a long gap of 9 months.

Then I was back in India, and my feeling was just the same as you watch a movie in B&W TV after having watched it for years in a colour TV. Everything looked so dull and sad, depression, bad roads, pollution, dust, junk buses, overcrowded autos, horrible traffic and stray animals. It looked as if I have been put into a zoo, atleast thats what an American gets as a first impression.

Anyways , time heals the worst of the wounds and so I got accustomed to the "India". Had a gala two weeks vacation at my home town and then headed for Silicon Valley(silly, India's so called silicon valley, bangalore). There is some magical power with this city. Your days and nights fly like a wink of an eye. I dont rememeber a particular day , if it is Tuesday or Friday. All day seem same all night feel same. Only on weekends I can feel the difference as I wake up late, can skip Bath sometimes and go for lunch directly , then doing my laundry and other sundry works or just hop at Forum or M.G. Road and please my eyes looking at some hot chicks there( BTW, a person from Delhi will hardy find any solace finding a hot girl here). So thats how my life was passing, or should I say running a marathon. Then came October and the festive season started. Everyone was in joyous mood, it looked like happy times have come back. There were two long weekends during this period , one for duserra and other one for Diwali. Now I have been in Bangalore for around 20 months but never went for any long trip, so this time I decided to go for a gala vacation. And my colleague and a new friend , Ankur suggested to join me(actually , I joined his gang)for a trip to either Goa or Kerela. Now I chose Goa for obvious reason,as I havent been to Goa before. So we headed for 4 days trip and man-oh-man , what a trip it was , I did had so much fun. Driving motor boats, going deep inside the beaches,playing at length with the waves, eating exotic breakfast , lunches and dinners, wearing Goa style dresses and lots of Booze and one peg of Fenny(horrible smell, I must say). The Pallindome beach was the most beautiful beach.And there was enough material to feast our eyes too :).

And then it was Diwali time, the mother of all festivals for most of India. I went home and met a lot of friends and a few relatives too. I love sweets but seeing myself in mirror, I hate them the most. And to my great relief and the lates trend, when you visit somebody's house, they now do not offer you the tempting rasgullas or Gulab Jamuns, now they offer you dry fruit, which is not that bad for a calorie conscience person. So, I gladly would accept Pista and Cashewnuts.No crackers as I feel I have grown old enough for that and somehow unintetionally wanted to do my part in reducing pollution in the City.

Then I was back in Bangalore and again the magic spell started. And here I am, 9 days close to the new year. Every year gives me lot of anxieties, thinking what will my life be , when I will be writing about the year gone by. This coming year is especially a little more exiciting. Going to US, marriage proposals will start pouring in, and I have some big financial stakes which I hope should yield the fruits to me. Lets hope, keeping my fingers closed, I welcome you 2006 with all my heart and soul.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Anil:

Every year, I promise myself I will take it easy and live the year...and at the end of every year, I look back and I realise that I have done nothing of that sort.

I mean I do what others do: sleep, get up and go to work, come back and relax (whichever might be your way) and the day is over. I did nothing special.

Let's see what do I promise myself this year.

PJ

1:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you hate India so much, then why the heck are you here?! Go and stay where you wanna stay. I'm sure you'll get any job in that "great" country of US of A.

Oh... and you hate Bangalore too. WTF?

I don't get it. You go to Bangalore on your own wish. No-one would have forced you to go there right? Then what are you doing dude?

You seem so frustrated in life. You feel like you've been put in a zoo?You think India is a zoo???? How arrogant is that? If you hate it so much.. why dont you do something to make India better huh? What's the use of simply sitting and cribbing about it.

Your life is in your hands. YOU have the chance to make it better. Nobody is gonna come to you and ask you if you want a better life.

Oh and please. Spell check.

3:56 AM  
Blogger greensatya said...

Nice recollection of events, you seem to have a great memory to remember all of your year.

good blog and nice pics of Gen Z

5:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home