Thursday, October 27, 2005

Diwali is here !!!!!!!!

Its the festive season , and everyone is happy. Banks are happy coz ppl will take more loans during festive season for house maintainance, new vehicle etc. Jewellers have a gala time.And likewise all the ppl have some reason to rejoice. And ppl like me , who work far far away from thier home , feel great to go home , meet their kiths and kins and thier old frnds and even those frnds who were working in the same city but didnt have time to meet them there.

But , I then wonder, hasnt our Diwali etc , have ended up becoming just a holiday season , a festive occasion and nothing more than that. I dont think , even 1% of the Hindus , even try to think of the meaning of Diwali and what it means to us. This looks just very close to what the Christian dominated countries like US and UK , do , announce a month long season for shopping and thereby help boast the economy of the country , forgetting completely , why they were granted those holidays.

I really feel , if this is the case, which seems very very likely , then why not stop/abort all thes holidays and make a new calander stating directly , that for this given week there will be a holiday which will have no bearing on the occasion in question.

Anyways , whtever it is, while you are away from work ,enjoy every moment of it and relax a lot, thats my mantra for the holidays. So guys , I am going home (Faridabad-Delhi's NCR) today evening and will be there till 14th Nov morning. So am not sure if I will be stil be posting my blogs , but promise all , I will write all the anecdotes of my holidays , when I am back in Bangalore.

Till then , "Happy Diwaling , Happy Holidaying and Enjoy Madee !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home